probably spring

Greetings and salutations, everyone; yes, once again it is I, your popular host, Mani the purebred border collie, here today to talk about the weather, which has changed again. You may remember me from such posts as “Much More Springy”, among so many, many others.

Here I am in a characteristic pose.It got up to 84 degrees today. That’s 28.8 Celsius. It was kind of cloudy, so not as hot as it sounds.
And tomorrow night, they say we have a one hundred percent chance of rain. Rain, not snow. With some thunder, which will probably be scary.

Not much has been happening here, though since it’s the first of May, there are some things in flower. Actually a lot of things are in flower. It would be weird if there weren’t.
The junos, especially. I mentioned them in my post “Day Of The Scorpiris”. There’s a whole garden, a little hill, devoted to them.
These aren’t on the little hill.
But these are.
The species tulips are flowering too, though some flowered last month. This is Tulipa tarda, which seeds all over the place. There are still some fritillarias, too.

Fritillaria oliveri

It’s been a pretty good spring for Fritillaria imperialis. This little colony has been in the garden for about thirty years.There isn’t much else to say, I guess. The guy I live with went to a nursery with his friend, and then they had tacos, which they both liked a lot. He said they were “street tacos”. That sounded pretty strange to me.
I’ve never seen a taco in the street, here, but now I’m going to be looking for them.

13 Responses to probably spring

Junos are funny looking, like iris in disguise. Don’t they look like they don’t want to be recognized?
    How big are those Tulipa tarda flowers. I mean, how wide are they when open?

Some botanists, mostly Russian ones, put junos in a genus (Juno) separate from Iris.
      The tulip flowers are about an inch and a half wide. Maybe a little wider.

2. Paddy Tobin says:

Despite the gardener’s constant complaints about the weather those fabulous irises come into bloom. They are fabulous!

3. LadyMew iss lovin THE Junoss’ Mani…they are alot like Irisess to her an that iss her faverite flower….maybee one day shee can go to a Nursery an get sum Junoss’….wee still inn massive lockdown. LadyMew went out Caturday an all shoppin iss dun. So now shee iss home an cranky! 😉 Wee have had rain for 8 dayss on an off (more on ackshully!). So no gardenin has not happened an LadyMew check our wee garden an it iss full of plantss growin…..mew mew mew….mee thinkss efurrything growss bettur

It rained all day here, yesterday, and it’s still raining. The guy I live with went out, to the post office, where there was a person standing in line, not wearing a mask, and then he went to the store, where there were two people wearing masks, but not over their noses, which is how the virus gets in…
      Then he noticed that several of the large agaves here, ones that have been here for a long time, were rotted by all the snow last month.
      He is kind of bummed out, as they used to say. It’s supposed to be nice tomorrow, though.

4. WITHOUT her help…sorry mee paw slipped…. 84 deegreess iss nice an toasty! Mee not been over 48 deegreess here yet! Take care an give our reegardss to Guy!
    **purrss** BellaDharma an LadyMew two

Thanks. You can see from my previous comment that it’s been chilly and rainy. We can always tell in autumn, winter, or spring when it’s going to get colder, because it gets very warm, and then suddenly very cold. It almost never gets gradually colder. Just suddenly.
      He did get to visit a greenhouse today. Who doesn’t like visiting a greenhouse? That was the high point of the day, aside from giving me my breakfast and dinner, of course.

• Same here again today Mani! Chilley an rainy! This iss cray-cray!!! Yore weather soundss furry odd. Too bee *hot* an then cold suddenly….UCKY!
        LadyMew sayss shee wuud LOVe to vissit a Green house or a Garden Centre…butt with lockdown shee iss goin nowhere!
        An mee mealss an treetss an playin toyss an seein mee Birdie frendss an Squirrelss iss Hi POINT off mee dayss two!
        **purrss** BellaDharma

It’s been sprinkling here on and off today. I got a bit damp on my walk. The sun is shining now.
        We don’t have lockdown here any more. The guy I live with can go places, though he often feels pretty weird about it (and that’s weird too), but he often doesn’t feel like going anywhere. He’s always been like that.

• Day 10 of cloudss an drizzle an chilley…THE Sun ISS tryin to come out butt too many cloudss!!
        Sorry you gotted ‘dampie’…that iss so UCKY!
        LadyMew iss a home body herself butt shee DOES miss goin out girlie shoppin with Aunty Mary-Ellen or fore coffee…..sumtimess shee jsut wantss a change of scenery!