Dan Johnson’s garden, part two

Part Two.

dansgarden24 dansgarden25 dansgarden26 dansgarden27 dansgarden28 dansgarden31 dansgarden32 dansgarden34 dansgarden35 dansgarden36 dansgarden37 dansgarden38 dansgarden39 dansgarden40 dansgarden41 dansgarden42 dansgarden43 dansgarden44 dansgarden45 dansgarden46 dansgarden47 dansgarden48

14 Responses to Dan Johnson’s garden, part two

1. Cliff Booker says:

Very interesting garden, Bob. Cindy’s wonderful images certainly seem to do it justice. Many thanks for posting.

Sure. There are so many images on the disks, it gives me the opportunity to post pictures when nothing is going on in the garden. Nothing happening and it’s sunny, dry, breezy, and almost 70F. It’s so strange to have nothing blooming in the rock gardens.
      I have something completely different to follow this.

2. Desert Dweller says:

Her images certainly captured it well, from my brief visit this August that didn’t do so well! This post especially…he’s a Tucsonan at heart, with those colored hardscape features and walls. Talk about plantsmanship and pushing Denver beyond the plant stodginess that midwestern-wannabes keep rehashing in even Abq! Wow, wow, wow.

I really like his contrast of a subtle, but substantial water feature to the xeric-osity surrounding it. (new word)

3. Loree says:

Crowded is good indeed.

Yes, crowded is definitely good. Right now my garden looks almost completely empty, but I keep forgetting that I tossed or gave away a bunch of plants last year to make room for new ones this year. Being surrounded by plants is about as good as being surrounded by puppies.

4. Peter says:

Love this garden with the bold wall colors & interesting objets! “Being surrounded by plants is about as good as being surrounded by puppies.” Inspired!

Yes, well chosen objets de jardin are good. How come some people can pick the perfect things, and all I have is my big metal chicken? True, the chicken is the embodiment of class and stuff, but I kind of envy the skill with which these were chosen, and placed. Not to mention the plants.

5. Wow, I love the purple wall, and the outbuilding, and those swirly metal things.

It’s a really cool garden, and one thing about it that makes it cool is that it really shows the possibilities of what you can do here, beside plant a bunch of eastern-style perennials.

6. I hope you don’t mind that I pinned a few of these to Pinterest, just so fabulous (helps me find them again, has link direct to your blog, but I should have asked first, I just got in a bit of a frenzy over that purple wall).