we get some rain

Greetings and salutations, everyone; yes, once again it is I, your popular host, Mani the purebred border collie, here today just to make a post so you know nothing much has changed. You may remember me from such posts as “Practically Nothing”, among so many, many other Sartre-like posts.

Here I am in a characteristic pose. Right now it’s ninety-one degrees Fahrenheit (thirty-three C), thirteen percent humidity, with a thirty-mile-per-hour wind blowing. You can see the curtain blowing here.

But it did rain, a couple of days ago. Not a lot, by any means, but enough that the plants haven’t keeled over from heat and drought. (A lot of plants have died this year, but I’m not going to say anything about that.) The dry wind today might cancel out the rain.

There isn’t much of anything else. I have some pictures of our garden, Weedopolis, which were taken in the evening a few days ago, but other than that, there’s really very little to talk about. It’s been hot.ย  No new plants have been purchased, though the guy I live with is going to a plant sale in a couple of weeks.

The only major thing, and it was super major, was yesterday evening on my walk, when I saw a drone. It was like, totally terrifying. The guy I live with said it was just a toy. A scary toy.
So this morning there was an airplane in the sky, like a Cessna (he told me that) or something. That was also very scary. The guy I live with basically had to drag me on my walk, because I wanted to go home. Drones and airplanes. What’s next?

My late-evening walks have been okay, though there was the strong smell of Striped Kitty on one, and I wanted to go home.
I’ll leave you, with what may be my shortest post ever, with a picture of me on my walk.

24 Responses to we get some rain

Drones are not even allowed where I work. Do you think that they are as scary as moths?

2. Mee-yow Mani Droness?? Cessna’ss??? EEEKKKK!! You asked what next? What if you an yore Guy see a UFO???? Oh maybee mee shuud not even meow ’bout them…
    Yore ‘Weedopolis” lookss very naturelle an purrty to mee an LadyMew……wee went a long time without rain an now has had Funderstormss 3 dayss inn a row! Seereuslee scary an mee went UTB…..mee can understand why you not like stormss an go to yore ‘fort’.
    Wee needed rain beecause it was supurr dry an crunchy here. Our lawn has more or less grown inn with LadyMew’ss dailee waterin an now with rain shee getss a brake. LadyMew meowed to Custodeean an hee thanked her (furinallee) fore doin his job! An hee not gougin THE lawn anymore when he mowss grass!! Mee iss sorry Striped Kitty upset you…wee catss are not known fore beein suttlell (subtle)……
    Wishin you an yore Guy a guud rest of THE week an a lovelee weekend too!
    ***purrss*** BellaDharma

Thanks. The guy I live with says to say that “striped kitties” are skunks. I’ve seen them several times on my late-night walks.
      Now I’m going to worry about UFOs. The guy I live with says not to worry, but I will anwyay.
      The rain didn’t really help the garden as much as we hoped, but it cooled things off a lot.

• EEEKKK!! Skunkiess!!! Mee furgot ’bout them Mani!! Steer cleer of those littel ‘stinkerss’ fore sure! When they spray it smellss so UCKY!
        Oh Mani mee not meen to cause you wurry ’bout UFO’ss. Mee thinkss tHE peepell inn them are just cureuss ’bout us…nothin to wurry over….
        HURRAH fore beein kewled off; same here! Heaevenly!

It wasn’t as hot here today, but the guy I live with was too tired to do much.
        We haven’t seen a skunk for a couple of nights now. The guy I live with says they were checking out fallen apples and some watermelon rinds in a neighbor’s yard.

• Mee-yow snax…that wuud bring yore stinky frendss out fore sure! Wee not seen or smelled Pierre our ressydent Skunk here this month…guess hee iss off travellin ๐Ÿ˜‰
        Did yore Guy reed ’bout THE Droness inn Mewss today?

This happened inn Callyfornia last Seppytemburr….scarey stuff Mani!!!!! ๐Ÿ˜ฆ

No, we didn’t see that. This was a toy drone, but still scary.
        The guy I live with was talking on the phone with a friend a while back about how he hadn’t smelled any skunks, and was leaving cantaloupe rinds out in the front yard, for anyone who wanted them, and guess who got interested in the rinds that very night?
        Lesson learned.

• Mew mew mew Skunkss like variety Mani!!
        An even toy droness can bee scarey…..EEKKK!!!

I think so. With both those things.

• Mee too Mani!! Mee too!!!

There are an awful lot of scary things in life, aren’t there?

• Mee-yow there sure are ALOT of scarey thingss inn Life Mani! Sumtimess even peepell. Livin inn a apartmint buildin with peepell who are not ‘sober’ or have mental health issuess (they are crackurrss!! LadyMew said that iss NOT Pee C frendlee, butt mee mewoss it like mee seess it!)
        Anyway scarey people; fire enginess an whambulancess an speedin carss racin an bugss…alot of buggin bugss! UCKY!!!
        **purrss**BellaDharma

There really are a lot of scary things in life. Some of them don’t bother the guy I live with, but he is easily startled (and has been since his wife died so suddenly), so like if someone were to show up at the front door he would be startled. Especially because I would rush the door with teeth gnashing and vicious barking. (The front door is always open, but the screen door is locked.)

• Yore Guy getss startled bye unknown vissitorss at THE door too?? So does LadyMew….shee even startss to panic…shee said shee nevurr used to bee like that till shee was so badlee hert inn 2006 an then moved inn here 2007…shee has sumthin called Pee T Ess D an mee makess sure to ~~head rub~~ her efurry day to keep her calm.
        Seecretlee mee wantss to meow-screem an act all wild when peepell show up uninnvited butt LadyMew sayss mee not a Dragon!! Mew mew mew…..
        Now if only mee cuud *BARK*!!! ๐Ÿ˜‰

The guy I live with has that, too. But really it’s because I race to the front door barking super loudly.
        All of the purebred border collies who lived here were like that. Chess, the purebred border collie who lived here before me, was so ultra vicious at the front door he was the terror of the mail carrier, UPS, and Fed Ex. But otherwise he was a marshmallow.

• Mew mew mew mee thinkss you an THE other Border Colliess feel they MUST purrtect their Hu’man(ss). That iss reelly wunderfull….even tho’ you freek out yore Guy!!!
        Mee not like Hu’manss inn unnyformss eether…mee jsut not trust them an mee iss a cat?!?! ๐Ÿ˜‰

I don’t care for people carrying things, either. Like backpacks. Or riding bicycles, though I’ve gotten a bit used to that.

3. Mark Mazer says:

Photo #5 Love that palette. Not here.

4. ceci says:

Yes, we frequently have to reverse course and hurry home mid walk: thunder, dogs barking threateningly from fenced yards, people pushing strollers, small children, the list goes on and on. So far drones and aircraft have not been a problem but one never knows. We are on a couple helicopter routes to local trauma centers so we are used to that particular cacophony.

Stay strong!

ceci

Thanks. We do have helicopters flying overhead quite often; helicopters flying up into the mountains, to and from hospitals. The guy I live with says that Flurry, the first purebred border collie who live here, knew the word “helicopter” and would run outside and look at the sky when the guy I live with’s wife would say “helicopter”.
      I do a good job of protecting the guy I live with, and he does a good job of keeping me safe from scary things. There are a lot of scary things.